Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has released the notification for IOCL recruitment through GATE 2021. Every year, they release the notification for the recruitment. Most of the recruitment is done based on the qualifying marks obtained in GATE exam.
All Indian Citizens who have graduated in disciplines like Civil, Chemical, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering were eligible to apply for the IOCL recruitment through GATE 2021. GATE 2021 was conducted by IIT Bombay in online mode on February month. Here, we have listed the information about eligibility criteria, selection process, and much more. Note that this article is for those who have appeared for GATE 2021 examination and scored the qualifying marks.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021- Eligibility Criteria
- 1 IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021- Eligibility Criteria
- 1.1 Qualifying Examination (Must For All Degree Holders)
- 1.2 IOCL Eligibility Criteria 2021 for Engineers/Officers
- 1.3 IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021 Selection Process
Here, we have listed all the eligibility criteria for various graduation degrees. Have a look on them.
Qualifying Examination (Must For All Degree Holders)
Aspirants must have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology (full time regular courses only). Below, you can find the eligibility criteria for various graduation degrees.
For M.Tech candidates
Candidates pursuing their M.Tech are also eligible to apply, however, their graduation should be in the specified disciplines only. They are also required to apply and qualify in GATE 2021 in the specified GATE paper for each discipline.
For Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates
Such candidates are also eligible to apply given they have completed or are completing the course requirement for BE/ B.Tech in one of the core disciplines advertised and have completed their studies.
During the time of selection and interview, the candidates must possess and produce both BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech degrees.
Final year students
At the time of applying
The candidates who are belonging to General & OBC-NCL categories must have secured minimum 65% aggregate marks. Candidates of SC/ST/PWD categories are required to have obtained at least 55% aggregate marks.
The candidates have to submit their final mark sheet by August 31, 2021, along with the pass percentage in the GATE exam.
Candidates are eligible to apply for this post, only when they have their qualifying marks. General and OBC (NCL) category candidates must have a secured at least 65% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination, whereas for SC/ST and PwD candidates the eligibility is minimum 55% aggregate marks.
Candidates belonging to General Category should not be more than 28 years of age as on June 30, 2021. However, for Assistant Officers in Quality Control, the age limit is 30 years.
Relaxation for reserved candidates is as per Govt regulations.
IOCL Eligibility Criteria 2021 for Engineers/Officers
Candidates have to consider their discipline before applying for the post. As, some of the disciplines are not allowed for the job. We have also mentioned them along with the eligible disciplines that are allowed.
- Disciplines Allowed: Chemical Engineering/ Petrochemicals/ Polymer/ Plastic Engineering.
- Not allowed: Rubber/ Oil/ Paint Technology/ Surfactant Technology/ Ceramics Engineering.
- Disciplines allowed: Civil Engineering.
- Not allowed: Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation.
- Disciplines allowed: Electrical Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Not allowed: Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Power Engineering.
- Disciplines allowed: Mechanical Engineering.
- Not allowed: Automation/ Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engg & Technology, Mining & Machinery/ Marine Engineering/ Textile Engineering/ Robotics.
Stage 1: Registration
Enter the following details to register,
- Discipline applying for.
- GATE 2021 Registration Number.
- Date of Birth.
Stage 2: Fill Application Form of IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021
- As a first step, the candidates have to enter personal, academic and address details.
- All the applying candidates should have downloaded their GATE 2021 admit card and must use the registration number mentioned therein to log in.
- All the candidates have to enter the correct GATE 2021 registration number and the exact name as used during the registration.
- Finally, click on Submit button for application submission. After the application submission, a unique IOCL application ID/number is generated along with the submitted application form.
- Candidates must note this IOCL application number/ID and keep it safe.
- Further, candidates must download the IOCL Recruitment 2021 application form and take print out of the same for future reference.
- Candidates must affix a passport photograph (identical to one used in GATE 2021) on the printed application form and put the signature at the designated place and keep it ready for verification purposes if selected and called for GD/GT and Interview.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2021 Selection Process
- First qualification is that the candidate must have passed the GATE 2021 in the respective discipline with a passing percentage.
- Then the shortlisted candidates have to appear for Group Discussion (GD), Group Task (GT) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Finally, the final merit will be prepared discipline-wise. In order to be considered for the merit list, the candidates are required to secure minimum 40% marks in GD/GT and PI.